Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

As the new year rolls into town, most people are ready for change. Even those who still have some admiration for George W. Bush seem ready to accept new leadership. The latest poll shows that 80% have some or a lot of approval for Barack Obama's performance thus far.

Richard and I have decided to let TwoGuysSpoutingOff become dormant. It's been fun, stimulating, rewarding; but, with the political campaign over, Richard has moved on to other interests and responsibilities. I still want a place to occasionally spout off in my own fashion, so I'm beginning a new blog with a title that I have long thought of as mine: ShrinkRap. It captures both the teasing reference to my profession (shrink = psychoanalyst) and the idea of talking (which shrinks don't do much of; we do more listening). And all of it packaged in a neat blog format (shrink wrap).

So, for anyone who might want to check it out, go to: http://shrinkrap13.blogspot.com/

And (with apologies to Clement Clarke Moore):

But I heard him exclaim, 'ere he drove out of sight,

"Happy New Year to all, and to all a good-night."
Ralph


No comments: